The wheelchair farmers of Mpumalanga aka Ama Wheelies will on 14 May 2011 celebrate the official launch of the very first quadriplegic home & training centre of it’s kind in Mpumalanga, South Africa. To help cover the daily expenses and living costs at the home the guys will be hosting a charity golf day in Lydenburg. Over the last few weeks a few of you expressed interest in supporting our efforts but sadly many of you cannot personally attend the golf day in Lydenburg on 14 May 2011.
With this in mind we invite you to take part in a virtual round of golf with us on Twitter, facebook, via email and any other online way that works best for you. This way anyone can take part no matter where you live.
The Ama Wheelies Virtual Golf Weekend will work like this:
- RSVP using this contact form before Thursday 28 April 2011- Send us your name, contact details and number of players.
- Print the attached scorecard.
- This is an 18 hole virtual golf coarse and your challenge is to sell your 18 holes.
- To do this, approach your friends, family, co-workers. Educate them about life as a quadriplegics or refer them to our blog, Tell them about the virtual golf weekend & ask them to purchase a hole. Collect the donations & Document who buys each hole and the rand value donated per hole. The full list of donations and hole owners will be hosted on our blog once the golf day is finished.
- Transfer the funds collected to our bank account using any of our official payment systems. Please use your name & surname as ref when making the payment.
- Email a proof of payment and either fax or email a copy of your score card to stand in line to win big.
The player that raises the most money selling the virtual holes during the 18 hole virtual charity golf weekend will be crowned as champion and will win the grand prize. Wanna know what you are playing for? 10% of whatever is raised during the virtual charity golf weekend. (We hope to raise R25200.00)
We have a few other small and not so small mystery prizes up for grabs. So don’t delay, RSVP today.
Companies who want to enter teams are also more than welcome. We need at least 40 players to make this work, please show support. Any company who enters more than 10 players will receive special mention on our blog, twitter and facebook profiles and a special place in our hearts.
Come on, join us for a round of Virtual Golf and show support for the Quadriplegic friends of Mpumalanga.
Virtual Golf Weekend starts on Friday 29 April 2011 at 8am and ends Monday 2 May at 8am.
You must register to take part before THURSDAY 28 April 2011.
All donations and score card emails need to reach us by latest Tuesday 3 May 2011 to qualify.
Winners will be announced on 14 May 2011.
Tag your tweets with #AmaWheelies #VirtualGolf
- Par is the goal value per hole sold.
- Stroke is the value you got for the hole.
- Metres is the amount of friends you had to speek to before selling the individual hole. Lower results are best.
- Goal value or PAR per ScoreCard is R630.00
- Hole in one is any single hole purchase for R100.00 or more.